OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE POLICY
Sharman Property Services is a Contract Cleaning Company committed to the continual improvement of Occupational Health and Safety that we provide, to meet the needs of our staff, clients and the public.
The Management of Sharman Property Services recognises that the health, safety and wellbeing of employees is of primary importance and ranks it equally with all other financial and operational considerations.
Through the implementation of this policy SPS aims to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, that our clients, our employees and the public are safe from injury and risk to health that may arise in the course of SPS conducting its business operations. Furthermore SPS has implemented a number of initiatives to promote and facilitate employee’s wellbeing where ever possible, both inside and outside of work. This will be achieved by striving to continually improve our health and safety systems and practices, and by comparing those against industry standards. To this end Sharman Property Services has adopted AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management System – Requirements as a basis for its OHSM System.
Sharman Property Services acknowledges the need to manage occupational health, safety and wellbeing through effective policy development, management systems and prevention programs which will be developed and implemented incorporating the following strategies:
• Commitment to establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness;
• Senior management commitment and active involvement;
• Consider favourably suppliers of goods and services who pursue good OH&S management practices;
• Managers’ and supervisors’ responsibilities clearly established for the occupational health safety and wellbeing of employees under their control;
• Effective communication and consultation with employees;
• Clearly defined and assigned roles, responsibilities, authorities and procedures for achieving Sharman Property Services aims and objectives;
• Managers, supervisors and employees provided with appropriate and ongoing adequate training, instructions, information, and resources to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities.
This health and safety policy will be reviewed each year in consultation with employees (or where applicable with health and safety representatives) using established consultative mechanisms, and taking into account compliance obligations to all interested parties.